We went insane gathering all these details so that you don’t have to.
E3 2019 might just be the weirdest E3 yet.
Sony is not attending, and the info about the highly anticipated Death Stranding we’re seeing from Hideo Kojima’s twitter feed is frankly bizarre. If you want to learn about any Playstation exclusives, you’ll have to pay attention to something other than E3 2019 coverage this year.
Taking a quick break from beating traditional media to death with a framing hammer, Netflix will make an appearance on stage at E3 this year to talk about a couple of their upcoming video games.
From Software will probably show up with info about the game they’re making with George R.R. Martin. Apparently, he’s not very busy writing an actually acceptable ending to ASOIAF.
And finally, in a return to normality, Bethesda will as usual not talk at all about TES VI. Nothing weird about that.
Read on to learn how and when to catch all the conferences, see a list of all games confirmed to make an appearance at E3 2019, and catch up on all the rumors and gossip surrounding gaming’s biggest yearly event.
Make sure you don’t miss any of the pre E3 2019 streams and events, like Ubisoft revealing a new game every day from June 6-9.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SOME SALES this E3 2019
One of the best things about E3 are all the sales on existing games and consoles!
June 11 – Opening Day
- 9:00 AM (PT) Nintendo
- 10:00 AM (PT) – 11:00 AM (PT) Gears 5 (trailer)
- 11:00 AM (PT) – 12:00 (PT) PM Borderlands 3: Making The Mayhem (trailer)
- 12-12:30 PM (PT) The Future of Bungie and Destiny 2
- 12:30 PM (PT) Dying Light 2
- 1:00- 1:30 PM (PT) Marvel’s Avengers Showcase
- 2:00- 2:30PM (PT) Storytelling Across Screens
- 2:30- 3:00 PM PT (PT) The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan: Putting Fear Back Into Games
- 3:00- 3:30PM (PT) Call of Duty
- 3:30-4:00PM (PT) Ubisoft TBA
- 4:00- 4:30 PM (PT) DOOM Eternal: Carving a New Path Through Hell
- 4:30- 5:00 PM (PT) A Conversation About Telling Lies
- 5:00 PM- 5:30PM (PT) Respawn Entertainment: A Conversation
- 5:30- 6:00 PM (PT) The Strength of Fighting Games in ESPORTS
- 6:00-7:00PM (PT) The Simpsons: 30 Years of Video Games and Jokes about Video Games
- 10:00- 10:30 AM (PT) CD PROJEKT RED: The Past, Present, and Future
- 10:30-11:00 AM (PT) Global Gaming Citizens
- 11:00-11:30 AM (PT) Will Wright on the Future of Games
- 11:30-12:00 PM (PT) Building the Future of Sports and Mobile Games
- 12:00-1:00PM (PT) Bringing Your Favorite Shows to Life: Developing Netflix Originals into Video Games
- 1:00-1:30PM (PT) Vader Immortal: Discover the Dark Side
- 1:30-2:00PM (PT) BREAK
- 2:00-3:00PM (PT) Rocket League
- 3:00-3:30PM (PT) XBOX TBA
- 3:30-4:30PM (PT) XBOX Game Studios-One Year Later
- 4:30-5:00PM (PT) From “AAA” to Indie: Midwinter Presents Scavengers
- 5:00-6:00PM (PT) Jablinski Games Live!
- 6:00-7:00PM (PT) Psychonauts 2
- 10:00-10:30AM (PT) Minecraft: The Next 10 Years
- 10:30-11:00AM (PT) Darksiders: Action Adventure Evolved
- 11:00-11:30AM (PT) SKY: Exploring thatgamecompany’s New Social Adventure
- 11:30-12:00PM (PT) Gaming Inside the Story: Single-Player Narrative in VR, hosted by Troy Baker
- 12:00-1:00PM (PT) TBA
- 1:00-1:30PM (PT) On Justin Roiland’s Trover Saves the Universe and Squanch Games
- 1:30-2:00PM (PT) CONTROL
- 2:30-3:00PM (PT) Ubisoft TBA
- 3:00-4:00PM (PT) The Outer Worlds: An Inside Look
- 4:00-4:30PM (PT) TBA
- 4:30-5:00PM (PT) ANCESTORS: The Humankind Odyssey Behind the Scenes
E3 2019: All Confirmed Games
|Anthem||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Apex Legends||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Ary and the Secret of Seasons||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Battlefield V||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Bear With Me: The Lost Robots||PC|
|Bee Simulator||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Black Desert Online||PC, Xbox One|
|Borderlands 3||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Call of Duty: Modern Warfare|
|Catherine: Full Body||PS4|
|Cyberpunk 2077||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|The Division 2||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Don’t Even Think||PC, PS4|
|Doom Eternal||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Dying Light 2||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Evil Genius 2||PC|
|Farmer’s Dynasty||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|FIFA 20||Xbox One, PS4|
|Final Fantasy XIV-Shadowbringers||PC, PS4|
|The Fisherman-Fishing Planet||Xbox One, PS4|
|Fortnite||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|For Honor||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Gears 5||PC, Xbox One|
|Ghost Recon Breakpoint||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Grandia HD Collection||PC, Xbox One, Switch, PS4|
|Harvest Moon: Mad Dash||Switch, PS4|
|Halo Infinite||PC, Xbox One|
|Keen||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Killer Queen Black||PC, Switch|
|Lost Words: Beyond the Page||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Madden NFL 20||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Monster Hunter World: Iceborn||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Overpass||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Paranoia: Happiness is Mandatory||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Psychonauts 2||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Rainbow Six Siege||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Rage Realm||iOS, Android|
|Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure||Switch, PS4|
|The RiftBreaker||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Rocket Arena||PC, Xbox One|
|The Sims 4||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|The Sinking City||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Sniper Elite VR||PS4, PC|
|Super Buckyball Tournament||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Super Smash Bros. Ultimate||Switch|
|Too Many Cooks||iOS, Android|
|Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Stranger Things 3: The Game||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Super Mario Maker 2||Switch|
|Trails of Cold Steel III||PS4|
|Watch Dogs Legion||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Wasteland 3||PC, Xbox One, PS4|
|Werewolf: The Apocalypse-Earthblood||PC|
|WRC 8||PC, Switch, Xbox One, PS4|
|Yokai Kitchen||iOS, Android|
THQ Nordic revealing three new games at E3 2019
Three games, three days. Because the best things come in threes. Stay tuned.
— THQNordic (@THQNordic) June 4, 2019
Bethesda at E3 2019
- No Starfield appearance
- No TES VI
- Expect to see them hype up the Fallout 76 expansion due out this summer, Elder Scrolls Online, and Elder Scrolls Blades mobile game. Yawn, yawn, and yawn. I’m not expecting anything exciting from Bethesda for several more years.
Ubisoft at E3 2019
- Watchdogs 3: Legion
- Three game announcements leading up to E3.
Netflix at E3 2019
What games will they be showing at E3, if any? Stranger Things 3. It’s exciting to think about all the different intellectual properties that Netflix owns, and how they could be made into video games. Other corporate mega-behemoths catch flak from the fanboys and fangirls for mishandling a well-loved franchise, usually because they water it down to make it appealing to a broader audience.
Will Netflix feel the same pressure as a game developer, or will their ability to print money allow them to maintain their independence? Do they even want to be a real game developer, or do they want to cash in on cheap iPhone games? E3 2019 should give us a good idea what route they’re taking.
Microsoft at E3 2019
- 14 games said to be premiering at E3.
- Forza 8
- Lots of rumors that Microsoft will be revealing new Xbox “Scarlett.” It would make sense since they’re also deeply discounting the Xbox One X during their E3 sale. They’ll also most likely talk about xCloud and blending PC and Xbox over Game Pass.
We’re kicking off the #XboxE3 briefing tomorrow with: 🎮 New game reveals 🌎 World premieres 🎊 Surprises 🙌 And MORE! Join us: https://t.co/NT0TA5iU1P pic.twitter.com/jTqjziLGMU — Xbox ➡️ E3 (@Xbox) June 8, 2019
I still can’t decide if cross-platform play is a good thing, as it means you’re in some ways limiting everyone to play at the speed of the weakest system. I’m very interested to hear what Microsoft has to say, and at least it’s a move in a positive direction, unlike the constant attempts at gatekeeping and paywalls like the Epic Games Store and Google’s recently announced Stadia.
Square Enix E3 2019
- Marvel’s Avengers game
- Final Fantasy VII remake
- DLC for Kingdom Hearts III
We’re at the end of an era for Marvel, who have an uncertain cinematic future now that their main IP is finished at the box office. Fortunately, comic book video games are usually pretty good, and with a solid company like Square Enix at the helm, I’m hoping their upcoming Marvel’s Avengers game will keep up with that tradition of excellence. As the Marvel Ultimate Alliance series is my favorite in the co-op beat em up genre, I’m also excited to see a new entry coming to the Switch this year.
Expect to see news about SE’s Final Fantasy VII remake and DLC for Kingdom Hearts III at their E3 press conference this year as well. All in all, this should be a banner year for the Japanese Giant—Square Enix that is, not Godzilla.
Devolver Digital E3 2019
The oddball studio will not quite make it to E3 2019…but apparently, they will be partying hard right across the street from the convention center. Devolver will be revealing 4 games on Sunday June 9 on twitch.
Join us Sunday, June 9 at 7:00PM Pacific for another stupid press conference and a look at four fantastic new games.
— Devolver Digital (@devolverdigital) June 8, 2019
What are you looking forward to this year’s E3? Are you excited for something in particular? Tell us in the comments below and stay tuned for more updates.
GAMING NEWS & EXCLUSIVE GIVEAWAYS
DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
Vampire clans are an integral part of the World of Darkness Universe. The decision to embrace somebody is not random. Ventrues embrace leaders, Brujah embrace hot-headed activists, while Toreadors welcome artists. Which clan would you be a part of? That depends entirely on your personality and background.
Highlights from the PC Gaming Show at E3 2019 (June 10) My completely subjective and possibly wrong picks from the best worst show in gaming. June 13, 2019 One of the most hotly-anticipated events on the gaming calendar, the PC Gaming Show at E3 never fails to be an...
Looking for the best RPG games to scratch that gaming itch? We’ve compiled a long list of RPGs organized by perspective, type, and genre. Check it out!
SpongeBob’s best game is getting a remake!
The beauty of games lies in their interactive nature, so why should they limit themselves to settings far away from the real world? In the right hands, even a game focused on something as mundane as local politics can turn out in an interesting, if not compelling, experience.
“Video game logic” is something that we have to use all the time because that’s just the way stuff works in games. Here are some of my personal favorite video game oddities, logic loops, and things that make you say “Why did I ever take this s#!t seriously!?”