Eltimar will guide you through all the missions and secrets that can be found in the tutorial mission of Divinity Original Sin (THE HOLD) so you don’t miss a thing.
Welcome to the first of many Divinity Original Sin 2 guides! With Baldur’s Gate is coming out soon, we figured that gamers might look towards Divinity 2 to fix their gaming itch. Since Divinity is also a very complex game, Eltimar fired up a new playthrough and wrote a complete walkthrough for the tutorial deck, also known as THE HOLD.
The Hold – Tutorial Floor
(In order to attack a door you can hold control and left click the door. This will cause your character to attack the door or even object. It is important to note this will cause durability damage to your weapon, if you have one, so just keep that in mind.)
The room through the poison door is a simple hallway with a few decks of cards. Have a quick look around and then press the lever to bring you back to the beginning of the area. It’s time to jump onto that ladder and head upstairs.
The Hold – First Floor
The important NPCs you should talk to are:
- Fane – An *elf* that is busy reading a book. He is a little pompous and arrogant, but is deeply inquisitive and honestly is one of the most entertaining of the playable NPCs. He is, in actuality, a member of a long dead race central to the plot of the game and he is the only undead playable NPC companion.
- Lohse – A human bard who has been stricken seemingly with some form of stage fright, as she will no longer sing. She also has a playful attitude but is hiding something truly dark and malevolent beneath the surface. Her side quest storyline is one of the best in the game.
- Sebille – An actual elf, unlike that fake elf Fane. She has the ability to learn abilities from eating the flesh of the dead. She is a little grim and morose, but she is also an exceedingly powerful character with interesting abilities and one of the stronger side quest storylines. She will also lick your arm for you… so that’s a thing.
- The Red Prince – A truly arrogant and annoying character. Though he has one of the coolest side quest storylines, his attitude is so immeasurably smug that it may just drive you insane. That being said he is a strong choice as a character just due to his story significance.
- Beast – Beast is a gruff but well-meaning Dwarf who has gotten on the wrong side of the queen of his people. His side quest story is, in my opinion, one of the weakest in the game, and you can experience almost the entirety of it without even needing Beast in the group. Honestly he is not my favorite choice of playable NPCs but if you like dwarves then go for it.
- Ifan – Ifan is a bit of a broody loner who was once a member of the Lone Wolves, a group of mercenaries. Interestingly this is also the name of a talent in the game, which makes your character more powerful alone. Ifan is kind of like that, he seems to prefer to be left alone, but will stick his neck out to protect those in danger.
Don’t forget you are also investigating a murder. Ask around about that and then grab the greasy key near Magister Viktar in the south-eastern corner of the room. This will allow you to enter the kitchen (5).
After you are done in the kitchen (5), speak with Magister Payde in the north-east section of the room. He will allow you entrance to the officer’s quarters (6), in order for you to get registered with Magister William.
After you meet with William, you will be able to return to this room. Everyone will be dead or unconscious so feel free to loot all of the bodies you can. You can also check on the the unconscious forms of the other playable NPCs. They are alive, but you cannot awaken them. You should also take this moment to grab a bedroll. It is perhaps the most important item you will get in the game. You should always have a bedroll with you.
Once you have sufficiently searched the area go back to area (6) and head upstairs.
The Hold – Second Floor
The Hold – Deck
The Hold – Final Battle
Friendship. Friendship never changesAh, Fallout. The video game franchise that inspires more debates and...
In this article we’ll be looking at the best medieval games to play in 2020, especially since we’re spending more time than usual at home.
Check out our list of best open world games that don’t feel empty. You might find at least one title worth exploring.
For the Inquisition!We all love a bit of Dragon Age, don’t we? It’s one of the best fantasy RPG series out there, made...
Fighting aliens in XCOM is cool and all, but there’s a ton of other turn-based strategy games just waiting to be played. Check out our list of games like XCOM if you’re looking for a similar experience.
The Switch has enjoyed a plethora of high-quality games. This list includes some of the must-have RPGs that you can get right now for your Nintendo Switch.
We’ve compiled a list of games that are similar, both in spirit and form, to the beautiful survival title Subnautica.
Ori you ready for this? We list our favorite games like Ori and the Blind Forest and Will of the Wisps.
Breathe new life into your favorite RPG with the best Witcher 3 mods. If you are like me, after watching Henry Cavill...
Roam and plunder the wastelands in our selection of great post-apocalyptic games.
GAMING NEWS & EXCLUSIVE GIVEAWAYS
DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX
The Railjack feature is entirely new side of Warframe with new rewards, new gameplay and new lore. So, we have pulled together this beginner Railjack guide to help you take to the stars and face off against the sentient threat.
The Jester, the Darkest Dungeon’s answer to the ‘Joker’, is certainly an odd duck who mixes bleed abilities with team wide buffs. However he is often a hero who finds himself with a spot on my squad. Why? His ability to target and harass the middle ranks is super useful for ignoring and bypassing front row tanks and build up some seriously dangerous bleed damage.
Friendship. Friendship never changesAh, Fallout. The video game franchise that inspires more debates and disappointment than a Christmas dinner. It may have fallen out of grace in recent years, with Fallout 76 continuing to prove that funny glitches and brand loyalty...
Jum Jum takes us on an emotional journey as we track down every known grave of Red Dead Redemption 2 Heroes.
Eltimar takes us through each possible option for creating your perfect avatar for Baldur’s Gate 3 in this ultimate guide.
A versatile duo of man and dog, the Houndmaster is a jack of all trades who can be a consistent thorn in the enemy’s side. No matter what you are facing there is always a place for the Houndmaster and his faithful companion.